The IC3 Institute's one-year Flagship Program is designed for full-time high school counselors and teachers. The program is offered at no cost, and structured in four distinct one-week modules that are delivered in-person at designated locations over the course of one year, supplemented with self-study materials and video conference sessions. These one-week modules are held once a quarter at partner host universities around India.
The curriculum focuses on delivering planned lectures by industry faculty, interactive class discussions, case studies, project work in collaboration with fellow counselor attendees, and networking to build a global network with educators from around the world. Participants are assessed on their online assignments, project work and submission of their capstone project report.
Through this program, the IC3 Institute aims to impact students and high school career counselors globally.
The IC3 Institute's Flagship Program consists of 350 hours, a combination of residential and virtual teaching out of which 90 hours is conducted virtually.
Learning outcomes for participants:
- Empowered to improve career and college counseling practices in school through the Counseling Laboratory™, and access to a community of educators
- Equipped with relevant concepts and best practices of national and international education ecosystems, changing career landscapes and future jobs, and career and college counseling
- Equipped with career counseling strategies, techniques, resources, and tools to work with students and parents
- Contribute as change-makers in their regional ecosystems
Learning outcomes for students - students will gain knowledge and deeper understanding of:
- Changing landscapes of future jobs, emerging careers, and the world of work
- Their strengths, areas of improvement, aptitude and skills required for future jobs
- Global study destinations, world cultures, and job opportunities in different countries
- College admission process, selection of universities, testing and assessments, and scholarships and financial aid
- Travel planning and settling down in different countries
The IC3 Institute’s one-year Flagship Program runs multiple times in the year. There are four weeks of learning delivered in-person during the residential program hosted at partner universities in India. These four residential program weeks are individually delivered once per quarter, throughout the year. The host universities provide transfers, campus accommodation, and meals to the participants during the residential program week. This is supplemented by virtual learning through a series of webinars and about five hours of online work per week throughout the program.
Our pedagogy draws upon the collective experience of the faculty and the latest practices in the field of career and college counseling. The methodology adopted at the IC3 Institute comprises interactive lectures and class discussions, delivered through real-world case studies, experiential learning, and project work in collaboration with fellow participants. The program also offers opportunities for participants to gain access to and develop a global network with educators and expert counselors from around the world. Participants also have access to an array of online content and tools.
For applicants from India: It is mandatory to attend a minimum of TWO residential weeks in-person at partner host universities. Participants can attend the other two residential weeks virtually from their respective regions/locations through a live stream.
For applicants outside India: Participants will have the option to travel to India and attend up to TWO residential weeks in-person at host universities in India or attend all residential weeks virtually from their respective regions/locations through a live stream.
|Module||Total Hours||Total Credits||Courses||Weightage (%)|
|Residential program||160||16||General Education||20%|
|Online program||90||9||What to study||25%|
|Capstone project||100||10||Where to study||25%|
|Total||350||35||How to make it happen||30%|
For details on the schedule of the program, click here.