The IC3 Institute offers a one-year certificate program in career and college counseling. Designed for full-time high school counselors and teachers, the program is free of cost and structured in four distinct one-week modules that are delivered in person at designated locations over the course of one year, supplemented with self-study materials and video conference sessions. These one-week modules are held once a quarter at partner host universities around India.
The curriculum focuses on delivering planned lectures by industry faculty, interactive class discussions, case studies, project work in collaboration with fellow counselor attendees, and networking to build a global network with educators from around the world. Participants are assessed on their online assignments, project work and submission of their capstone project report.
Through this program, the IC3 Institute aims to impact students and high school career counselors globally.
Learning outcomes for participants:
- Empowered to improve career and college counseling practices in school through the Counseling Laboratories, and access to a community of educators
- Equipped with relevant concepts and best practices of national and international education ecosystems, changing career landscapes and future jobs, and career and college counseling
- Equipped with career counseling strategies, techniques, resources, and tools to work with students and parents
- Contribute as change-makers in their regional ecosystems
Learning outcomes for students - students will gain knowledge and deeper understanding of:
- Changing landscapes of future jobs, emerging careers, and the world of work
- Their strengths, areas of improvement, aptitude and skills required for future jobs
- Global study destinations, world cultures, and job opportunities in different countries
- College admission process, selection of universities, testing and assessments, and scholarships and financial aid
- Travel planning and settling down in different countries
The program is delivered using best practices of a blended teaching approach. There are four weeks of learning delivered in-person during the residential program hosted at partner universities in India. These four residential program weeks are individually delivered once per quarter, throughout the year. The host universities provide transfers, campus accommodation and meals to the participants during the residential program week.This is supplemented by virtual learning through a series of webinars and about five hours of online work per week throughout the program.
Our pedagogy draws upon the collective experience of the faculty and latest practices in the field of career and college counseling. The methodology adopted at the IC3 Institute comprises interactive lectures and class discussions, delivered through real-world case studies, experiential learning, and project work in collaboration with fellow participants. The program also offers opportunities for participants to gain access to and develop a global network with educators and expert counselors from around the world. Participants also have access to an array of online content and tools.
Important note: In everything we do at the IC3 Institute, the safety and well-being of our program participants is our top concern. Due to the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in India, we at the IC3 Institute have decided to temporarily transition the residential weeks to online weeks until the situation improves and travel becomes completely safe.
|Module||Total Hours||Total Credits||Courses||Weightage (%)|
|Residential program||160||16||General Education||20%|
|Online program||90||9||What to study||25%|
|Capstone project||100||10||Where to study||25%|
|Total||350||35||How to make it happen||30%|