The IC3 Institute Consortium for Global Universities is a network of colleges and universities around the world that jointly support the nurturing of global talent, college readiness, and career preparedness through the systems and early intervention approach of effective career and college counseling in high schools.
With the growing youth populations in South and Southeast Asia and Africa, educational institutions across the world have a critical role to play in shaping the next generation of college graduates and future employees.
Through its model of building the capacity of teachers and schools, the IC3 Institute has the potential to provide purpose and direction to the lives of students, and to have a social impact on an unprecedented scale globally.
By directly empowering schools and teachers, the IC3 Institute has to date reached almost 27,000 students in India, with accompanying activities of the IC3 Movement reaching 700,000+ students in 42 countries.
Role of the IC3 Institute Consortium
The IC3 Institute Consortium encourages universities to support the mission of the IC3 Institute by committing faculty and staff resources to train high school teachers in career and college counseling approaches, and by adopting a group of high schools to build their capacity to develop career and college counseling practices and infrastructure.
Benefits of Joining the IC3 Institute Consortium
- Contribute directly to impacting 327 million youth in South Asia alone
- Share information about your university with students who will pursue college at home or abroad
- Engage in peer-to-peer learning with other institutional partners in the IC3 Institute Consortium about effective strategies for educating and shaping global talent
- Play a role in shaping global standards for career and college counseling in high schools
- Participate in the Annual IC3 Conference and IC3 Regional Forums to engage directly with students and high schools
- Get recognized as a thought leader in school empowerment at the Annual IC3 Conference and IC3 Regional Forums
IC3 Institute Consortium Membership Requirements
To join the IC3 Institute Consortium, universities must:
- Adopt a group of high schools: this entails sharing resources with the adopted high schools that could include:
a) Materials relevant for career and college counseling
b) Contributing to the development of a dedicated counseling unit/department in the school
c) Donation of computers/technology to be used in the counseling department
- Share volunteer faculty: designate one or more experts/faculty members from your institution who will share their knowledge and expertise by teaching as part of the IC3 Institute's volunteer faculty program
- Support the IC3 Institute through an annual donation of $10,000 to enable its mission-driven work and the expansion of the IC3 Institute Consortium
Past and Current IC3 Institutional Partners and Supporters
- Ahmedabad University, India
- Anant National University, India
- Ashoka University, India
- Bennett University, India
- BML Munjal University, India
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- FLAME University, India
- Huron University, Canada
- IE University, U.K.
- Istituto Marangoni, India
- Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, Switzerland
- Macquarie University, Australia
- Michigan State University, U.S.
- MONASH University, Australia
- O.P. Jindal University, India
- PLAKSHA University, India
- Queen’s University, Canada
- Ryerson University, Canada
- Shiv Nadar University, India
- St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- The University of Newcastle, Australia
- The University of Ottawa, Canada
- The University of Queensland, Australia
- The University of Sydney, Australia
- The University of Wallangong in Dubai, Dubai
- University of California, Santa Cruz, U.S.
- University of San Francisco, U.S.